Each and every religion is based on its own interpretation of the word of God. While the stories and lessons remain the same, the meanings behind them can be different depending on who you talk to. Reading the bible is an important part of building a deeper relationship with God. Bible study is one of the many ways that you can do this. Followers can enjoy bible study alone or as a group. Before you get started, here are some tips to follow.
- Select the Right Bible – There are many different styles of the Bible today. Different religions choose to follow different styles. You will notice that the Catholic version is going to be different from the original King James Version and each religion thinks that their version is the better option. Find out what type of bible your minister/priest/pastor prefers. Click here to learn more about the bible.
- Find a Study Guide – People often enjoy following their own study guide for the bible on a daily or weekly basis. Your local religious shop should have a variety of study guides for you to choose from. Study guides can be organized based on a specific book of the bible, one of the testaments or by the answer to a particular problem. An example of the latter would be a study guide that is geared towards those who are struggling with their faith or who are trying to overcome hardship/divorce.
- Join a Bible Study Group – Devotional groups typically meet on a weekly basis and are a good way to supplement your personal bible study. Churches often have a variety of study group options. You can join one that is just for adults, one that is for women only or even one that is for individuals dealing with a particular life crisis.
- Host Your Own Devotional – One way to connect with other like-minded individuals in your neighborhood is by hosting your own devotional group. This is a popular choice for many individuals who simply want to find a way to connect with their neighbors and share the word of God. You will be able to find individuals from your local church and can then ask them to invite friends to help expand the group.
- Act on Your Beliefs – As you dive deeper into your relationship with God through bible study, you should want to share what you have learned with others. Make sure your actions are representative of what you have learned through your studies. This will help attract more followers to you who can empower you and your beliefs.
Understanding the bible in your own way is the only way to grow the deep, meaningful connection you have to a higher power. Some believers are happy with one day of devotional per week while others aim to incorporate it into every aspect of their lives. Finding that middle ground between what helps fulfill you and what fits within your busy schedule is a struggle that many believers tackle. What you will learn is that when you really want something in your life – you find a way to make it part of your life. Click here to learn more about the bible.