Many people wish to become a better Christian, but just don’t know how. Well, nobody has ever said that being a Christian is easy. Just like other things, it requires a lot of patience, motivation, and effort. Here are some tips to help you grow your faith and bring you much closer to Jesus:
- Pray regularly. In order to be a great follower of Jesus Christ, it’s important to pray all the time. Paul said in Colossians 4:2, “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” That’s God instruction, and any Christian who wants to grow his or her spiritual life should take that note seriously. Whether you prefer to pray alone or with others, always make prayer a priority. Make it a part of you; and commit with it.
- Read your Bible daily. If you want to really grow your faith, then one of the best ways is to read your Bible. The Holy Bible contains a lot of information that God wants to share with us. It’s like God’s instruction manual for us. It has many answers that can help you become a better Christian and live a life that pleases God. Read it daily and study it. In the book of Joshua 1:8, God said, “Keep this Book of the Lawalways on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.”
- Get involved at your church. To be a better Christian, it’s not enough that you just visit your church on a regular basis; you have to be involved with your church. Join the choir, volunteer with your church’s outdoor programs, help other members with the cleaning, or be a door greeter. If you have handy skills, then help other members fix any broken things or do some artwork. Even doing some simple tasks can help you grow your spiritual faith.
- Did you know that smiling not only improves your mood, but also help others feel better as well? Yes! Studies show that smiling is contagious; when you smile, other people are also forced to smile too. It’s a good way help others feel better and happier. And as you know, helping others is a great way to much more enjoy a Christian life. So smile! Don’t worry if you don’t have a perfect set of teeth, just smile. That’s what all matters. But if you’re really concerned about your teeth and oral health, then there’s nothing wrong if you visit your dentist who is expert in dental crowns Pembroke Pines, Florida.
- We know that forgiving is something that many of us find very difficult to do. This is particularly true when someone did something to you that really hurt you. But Jesus said in Matthew 6:14-15, “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”